The Best (and prettiest) Food Pyramid Ever! (Kayla thinks it's a boat! lol)

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Ever wonder what our vegetarian family has for dinner?

I often get people that wonder what I make for our family to eat since I don't prepare any meat dishes. So, for those curious minds out there, I decided to add on this separate blog about what I make for dinner. . . . I most likely won't get every nights meal blogged, but hopefully this will end up being a good sampling. I'll probably add in special treats and stuff we're doing too just for fun! ;)

Tonight we had baked potatoes with a variety of raw veggies: broccoli, green and yellow peppers and tomato slices. Any veggies are good, but they're best eaten raw as much as possible so you don't kill the enzymes in your food as much from cooking. :) Everyone is required to choose at least 3 things from the veggie plate to go along with their potato. Broccoli and peppers are big hits at our house! Tomatoes. . . .not so much! In order to get them to eat tomatoes, I usually have to make tacos or something, then they'll eat them mixed in the taco. Tonight, Rachel hoarded all the green peppers and "left two for someone else, mommy!" lol She took a while getting to her potato since it was "too hot." Once it cooled down, she was all good! Michaela had her fair amount of broccoli, but didn't want as many peppers as usual which surprised me. She usually loves them! I've actually found that she'll eat peppers for me better as a snack or while I'm cutting them up than on her plate at dinner. Tonight had to be pretty simple since it's Tuesday and we had ballet this evening. Sometimes I just make it simple just because I hate to fuss with dinner! Sometimes I wish we didn't have to eat. . . .either that or I had a personal chef!

No comments: