The Best (and prettiest) Food Pyramid Ever! (Kayla thinks it's a boat! lol)

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hamburger Helper Cheesey Italian Shells

WITHOUT the actual hamburger of course, is what we had tonight! I could just make it without the meat or use Boca meatless meat. I use the Boca to help get some protein in our diet, plus it just adds to it! I also added some whole wheat rotini pasta to it since the shells it came with were lacking in number it seemed! Haven't had this before, and the girls LOVED it! Rachel even ate the Boca in it! She doesn't like it in her tacos. . .hmmm. . .another mention of tacos when tacos isn't on the menu! ha! Maybe we should have them sometime soon! With this, I brought out the veggies I cut up for last nights dinner that didn't get eaten (I tend to cut up WAY too much!) and added some grapes to it. Also thawed some frozen petite peas and white shoepeg corn in some warm water vs steaming it like my mom suggested so we could have that raw vs cooked. First time I've tried that. . . .worked out great! Rachel doesn't like corn for some reason though. Michaela would have eaten it. . .until she saw her sister getting picky about the corn. At least they both ate some veggies even if they didn't have all that was offered. :)

No comments: